Please send all applications via email to the below email addresses. When applying please include a covering letter and a copy of an up to date CV.
Trade Counter Assistant / Warehouse / Driver
We are looking for a Trade Counter Assistant / Warehouse Operative/ Driver to join us at our Rainham Branch. You will be required to work as part of a team to keep the branch running efficiently in pristine condition, ensuring stock levels are ready to meet customer needs. Alongside this you will need to provide outstanding levels of customer service, in store and during deliveries.
Potential further career development available.
We pride ourselves on the outstanding level of customer service we provide to all of our customers.
You will need to have the ability to work the following hours (flexibility will sometimes be required to fit the needs of the business) :
Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm and every other Saturday 8:30am - 3:00pm.
IMPORTANT - During your initial training period you will be expected to work 7:30am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am - 3:00pm every Saturday. Extended hours are expected to help to fulfil training as quickly as possible. Hours will return to those listed above once training period is successfully completed.
IMPORTANT – As part of our recruitment & selection policy, candidates are required to bring a full and valid UK drivers licence and proof of residence to interview.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serving on the trade counter - also by telephone, email and web chat
- Maintenance of the branch, including stock rotation and organising stock
- Checking of incoming goods
- Accurate picking of orders for deliveries and collections
- Assisting with general branch duties
- Carrying out deliveries in the local area
- Completing regular vehicle checks
To be successful, you must have the following personal attributes:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great communication skills
- Flexible approach to duties and tasks
- Enthusiastic team player and ability to make a positive contribution
- Have an ambitious outlook and willingness to learn
- Full and valid UK driving licence essential
Expected start date: Immediate
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
We have protective screens on the trade counter including hand sanitising stations in various positions. Face coverings are mandatory where applicable in store and on deliveries for customers and staff. Disinfecting wipes available to use.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£23,000.00 per year (depending on experience with potential further career development)
PPE provided and required. Plastic shields in place at work stations. Social distancing guidelines in place. Sanitisation, disinfection and cleaning procedures are in place.